Thursday, February 24, 2005

Apparently, my school gives out free graduation notices to all the graduates. To me this is a good thing: I'm cheap and free stuff is always appealing. However, also like me, they sometimes have issues with timeliness. A stack of invitations arrived in the mail today, two days before graduation. According to the Student Life Office, the office that takes care of commencement, my last name is "Yee Hoi-Lo". That kind of made it difficult locating my cap and gown because it was filed under "Y". To top it off I have a large stash of name cards:

I think, though, even if they had the name right, I don't know what I'd do with all these cards. Now it's just a souvenir of the first time in my life I've been placed alphabetically in the second half of the alphabet. (Fortunately, my school was too cheap to also have my name printed in the invitation itself!)

No comments: