Every time I go to the washroom in my apartment, I get a reminder to always try to look at the big picture. There is a spider that has decided to make his home in the corner between the floor, a wall and the bathtub. I bet the poor little guy didn't realize that the only traffic he'd get would be the little hairs that fall from the towel that hangs above. No flying insects would be stupid enough to go that low and into a corner that clearly is a dead end. Being in a second floor apartment, it'd be rare than any crawling insects would make it into that corner either. Last night, when I went to check up on him, he was lying on the floor and had shrivelled into a little ball.
Sometimes it just really is difficult to take a step back and just holistically evaluate the situation. I know I'm not capable of comprehending all the intricate factors that make the world work, or counterweighing all the possible choices that are made. But still, this little (dead) guy serves as a reminder for me to at least try my best. And keeping him there gives me a good excuse not to clean my bathroom floor too.
No comments:
Post a Comment