Me: Do you have any idea what the pork loins are stuffed with?I'm hoping it was sausage, because that's the only thing in my taste repertoire that bore any resemblance. It's one thing to serve weird food, but to not train the cafeteria employees to make the weird food at least sound edible is unforgivable. I really ought to start brown bagging one of these days before I get something worse than processed meat stuffed with another processed meat.
Cashier: Hmm... (pause)
Cashier: That's a good question. (pause)
Cashier: I really don't know. (pause)
Cashier: Maybe stuffing?
Thursday, December 23, 2004
I barely made it to the cafeteria tonight before they closed: they were packing up the hot foods by the time I made it to the counter. They had but one meat item left and I quickly said "I want one of those" before it too disappeared. The person behind the counter quickly boxed it up for me, along with a side of "golden browns" (I think they were soggy fried potatoes) that I made her retrieve from her rack of foods to put away. I didn't get a really good look at the food until I opened the Styrofoam contain for the cashier. I realized I had gotten their "stuffed pork loin" as my entrée. It looked like a fried egg, except there was pork instead of the egg white and a perfectly circular piece of something where you'd expect an egg yolk. The following dialogue ensued while we both scrutinized the food:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment