Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Recently, I've been hitting the gym a lot more. I've consequently been paying more attention to physical definition--both in me and in other people. So, the other day as I was waiting for the bus, I saw this guy walk past me on the other side of the street. I thought to myself, "Man, that guy has broad shoulders." Though I thought that mostly out of admiration, I do admit that it was undeniably tinged by a bit of jealousy as well. He continued to walk down the street and I continued to covet those shoulders of his. Then I realized something was slightly off. It took a while but then I figured it out: he was missing his left arm. There was obviously a shoulder, but not an inch of flesh appeared through the sleeve of his short-sleeved T-shirt. After standing there for a while nonplussed by my discovery, I finally formed a conclusion: there are definitely some things more important in life than a pair of nice shoulders.

No comments: