Word travels fast among us third shifters and we heard you were trying to find our candy drawer. Their [sic] is a reason we had to move it. It has only been the third shift techs and lab aides that supply the candy and quite honestly, we got sick of others eating it and not contributing. So if you or second shift would like to have candy, we suggest you start stocking your own drawer.If I had stolen something, I'd have felt bad. In actuality, I took 3 pieces of candy and 2 cookies after being invited by a third-shifter to partake. Today I heard that there were seven bags of candy that disappeared in two days. Now I feel gypped that I'm being blamed for something I didn't even get to enjoy. People who know me well would know that my propensity for gluttony is rather discriminating. Sure, I enjoy OCB but that's more a consequence of value than greed. Particularly when it comes to candy, I'm rather picky. Just a little bit of most candies will sate whatever urges I have: I can't stand how saccharine most North American candies are. Consequently, the less syrupy, the better. Twizzlers are great because the chewiness hits more strongly than the sugariness. Dark chocolate--but not milk chocolate, because it's too sweet--is great. Mints are ok, but most feel too sweet because hard candy lasts way too long. So what am I going to do about this whole candy fiasco? Probably buy some of my own--now that I've spent the past 15 minutes thinking about candy I like--and savour it all by myself. Yum.
Saturday, September 17, 2005
It's time for another I-hate-my-job rants. No, it has nothing to do with the work or the hours. It has everything to do with an infamous drawer that was once filled with candy, the 3rd shift candy drawer. Yesterday, I got an electronic message from a co-worker:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment