Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Those who know me well know how I feel about cottage cheese: that half-liquid-half-solid mess of spongy sludge that tastes like a cross between expired milk and bad cheese. However, forced by an exceedingly patent dearth of breakfast selections at the hospital cafeteria, I was driven to re-evaluate whether cottage cheese should be considered an edible substance. One morning, with great uncertainty and much trepidation, I purchased a small container of cottage cheese and some crushed pineapple. Much to my surprise, the spongy cottage cheese was no worse than the spongy stuff that cafeteria staff claim is scrambled eggs. (Judging by the taste, it's impossible to tell they're eggs; the texture is surely off though.) My recent trip to the supermarket surprised even me when I purchased a large 24 oz. container--and considered picking up another--of cottage cheese. Just three days later, it's almost 3/4 gone. For the consideration of my sanity, though, I'm still denying that I like cottage cheese.

No comments: