Thursday, April 12, 2007

My train of thought at the bus stop yesterday morning:
Oh good, the bus is coming... I wish the bus shelter weren't so far away from the stop... I should probably run to the bus stop so the driver knows I want on... Oh, there's a person walking toward the front of the bus so I should wait for her to get off before I get on... At least I know he's stopping for sure... Which route is this? From before the traffic light, it looked like a 2 but the snow makes it hard to see... What does the sign on the side say? West transfer point... That could be either 2 or 3... I hope it's not the 3... Well, I'll get on anyway and just get off at MSC if it's the wrong bus... Hmm, I should check the display above the driver?... It's so small... I wish I were wearing contacts, then I'd be able to see better... I think it says 2... Why is the floor moving up? Wait, what is this beeping noise??
It turns out the driver had just activated the wheelchair ramp after the passenger walking to the front had gotten off. I walked on to the ramp right as it was lifting. I clumsily moved off the ramp, sheepishly apologized, and headed towards the centre of the bus. At least it was the 2 and I was on the right bus after all. So what's the point of this little story? Even when my brain is firing on all cylinders, I can still manage to make an idiot out of myself.

No comments: