I've gotten myself all worked up about something again, perhaps more than it's worth. This time it's Facebook. I recently added a friend that I hadn't seen for a long time. (It's not on my Mini-Feed.) She gave me a restricted profile. It confused me a little at first, because I wasn't used to seeing such a sparse profile. Pretty much all there was was basic info and contact info. No pictures. No friends. No wall. No mini-feed. No personal info.
I suppose, after all, I never knew her that well, even though I have known her for a long time. But what bugs me most is that people who are not friends with her on Facebook can see more information (like friends) because, for me, things are explicitly restricted. Now, if I were her and didn't want to add me as a friend or had any reservations, I would have just denied/ignored the invitation. Receiving the limited profile to me says, "Yeah, you can see that I acknowledge your request but you're not really my friend so I'm not going to show you anything."
But like I said, I'm most likely blowing this out of proportion. Maybe she gives everybody outside her favourite networks a limited profile. Or maybe she didn't remember me and couldn't figure out why I had tried to add her. It's no matter--I'll still live. I'll be grumpy for a bit, but I'll live.
No comments:
Post a Comment