Monday, April 17, 2006

First time in my life--and only after twenty-seven and two-thirds years. It was a rather bumbling start, involving many diverse things, perhaps mere diversions in themselves. Though the objective never seemed far from achievable, an impasse somehow prevented attainment. Was it me? Maybe it was me. No, I know it was me. Yet as I spent the effort to contemplate this, I was only solidifying the equilibrious state of non-progression. I duly made effort to forge forward but found only futility: as schemes and scenarios fluttered through my mind, each was invariably tossed out while still inchoate, discarded before it could find its way into the formulation of some ideal plan. Knowing where I was going, insight on how to get there still eluded me; I was quickly getting nowhere. And indeed it seemed time flew--or perhaps maybe the clock surreptitiously thieved a few seconds each minute. Whatever the cause of this steadily hastened advance, I saw things grow no closer to conclusion. And after over an hour of straying from the obvious intentions... Was it good or bad? I haven't figured out yet. But I certainly know it was special.

No comments: