Saturday, August 14, 2004

This is why I hate my alarm clock. I woke up and groggily shut off the alarm. The same annoying sound, morning after morning, makes me just want to bash the thing to pieces. But I dutifully resisted my bed and lumbered to the washroom. I brushed my teeth, threw on some clothes and headed out the door. After a brief wait at the bus stop, the bus came and I climbed aboard. I closed my eyes for a bit but then decided that reading would be a better choice than possibly not getting up until the end of the line. I read for a bit then glanced up at the clock on the LCD screens throughout the bus: it read 5:11. 5:11??? It was supposed to be 6:11, but my watch and cell phone both agreed with the bus. So did the bank clock/thermometer thingy. Great, an hour early for work. I thought it was a little on the dark side, but I figured it was just going to be a very cloudy day. Having gotten, oh, about an hour less sleep than I was expecting, I was too out of it to realize that the street lights were still on. No matter, I just sat in the break room and watched the clock to make sure it didn't skip back an hour. That is why I hate my alarm clock.

No comments: