At Wal-Mart, I spent about 15 minutes trying to figure out which brand of socks, which texture of socks, which cut of socks, which colour of socks I wanted to get. And finally, after much deliberation, I settled on a dozen Hanes Ultra Comfort Double Tough Ankle socks. All of last night, I kept on dreaming about the stupid socks. I dreamt that, after I had opened the package, much to my dismay, I discovered that they weren't what I had wanted. I dreamt that they were tube socks going all the way up to right below the knee, and that they chafed my skin the whole day and made me horribly uncomfortable. I kept on thinking about just how annoyed I was by my socks and how I couldn't wait to get them off. I think they were even beige in my dream.
This morning when I actually put a pair on, I discovered they were indeed what I thought I had purchased. I'm glad to say they actually fit quite well and are very comfortable. And with that realization came great relief. Apparently I obsess over the stupidest things.
No comments:
Post a Comment