Friday, July 28, 2006
Life is just so full of surprises. At the same time that I'm incredibly happy for my friends, I can't help but feel a certain tinge of jealousy. I think of what I have and see how unsatisfied I am; I consider who I am and encounter similar displeasure. If I could change my life instantaneously so many things would be different: I would alter physical attributes, erase certain fears and insecurities, endow myself with talents I now only dream of--each of these changes individually attainable and possessed by people I know and envy. I think of what these friends have and I say to myself, "I really wish I was in her situation" or, "Too bad I can't do what he can and be like him." I realize life is far from perfect--but even for those whose qualities and opportunities I covet. I have seen far greater tribulations test their strength of constitution than I have ever known... and hope ever to know. While my station in life is not ideal, all I can do is look forward and approach whatever tasks and decisions I face with the resolution that, while I can't control all circumstances that surround me, I can control how I view them and do my best to make them as advantageous as possible. And that I'll always have the hope to cling to that assures me where I'm going is better than where I've been because I can alter where it is I'm going. No, life is not perfect, but all I can do is make it the best I can. That's a hard lesson to learn but definitely one worth learning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know you've heard the phrase " Each of us is unique " at least hundred of times. But it really makes sense. Just believe in yourself and love yourself as you are, such attitude will change your life greatly.
Post a Comment